18/2/09

My Destination - FRANZ KAFKA (transl. Alex Flores)



I called for my horse to be brought from the stable. The servant did not understand me. I myself went into the stable, saddled my horse and mounted.

In the distance I heard a trumpet blast. I asked him what it meant but he did not know and had not heard it.

By the gate he stopped me and asked "where are you riding to sir?" I answered "away from here, away from here, always away from here. Only by doing so can I reach my destination." "Then
you know your destination" he asked. "Yes" I said "I have already said so, 'Away-From-Here' that is my destination."

"You have no provisions with you" he said. "I don't need any" I said. "The journey is so long that I will die of hunger if I do not get something along the way. It is, fortunately, a truely immense journey."

http://www.kafka.org/index.php?id=162,172,0,0,1,0

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: